Dan and Alice's Marvellous Musings

Monday, May 30, 2005

Thanet Weekend

This weekend we were down in Thanet for my Mum's birthday (it is actually on the 31st May, but close enough) and I must say it was great to get back to the Isle. After the oven-like heat of the bus and train, it was nice to get into the cool sea breeze of Thanet on Friday night.

Mum and Dad have got hold of an allotment up near Callis Grange school. It was pretty large and they seem to be working hard to get it into shape. Already in place are potatoes, french beans, onions and the odd lettace. Would quite like one myself, maybe when we've got a bit more time. Alice seemed to like it too. I'll be interested in seeing how it progresses.

On Saturday night we went out to an Italian resturant just by the harbour down at Broadstairs. I cannot remember the name, but I am sure Alice can sort this out later (Porto Vecchio - Ed). We've been before and I must say that they do a mean almond sponge thing. Unfortunately, they had cocked up the booking and had us down for 9 rather than for 7. It took them nearly an hour to sort out, but we did get a free bottle of wine out. I had some oven baked pasta thingy which was nice enough.

On Sunday we went round the Retallicks for James' 30th birthday thing. Loads of old friends around including Becki and Simon, Jen and Stewart, Jono and Debbie, Katie and others. Bit too much baby banter for our liking but still great.

Unfortunately, we had to come back Sunday evening because I had to come into work today ... pressure is just to much to be taking odd days here and there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home