Dan and Alice's Marvellous Musings

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Mysterious flowers

DSCF0336DSCF0339DSCF0333

Does anyone know what these are? I must have planted them as I did this bed from scratch, but I have no memory of them!!!! the are very prolific, and I like them a lot. They're between 6 and 12 inches tall, once long single stem, with multiple flowers coming off at different places. They are really varied in colour, from completely dark red up to white, with most being an orangy red with yellow and black in the centre. I know they are from a bulb....

Any indentifications welcome!!!

1 Comments:

  • I know what they are! Sparaxis or Harlequin Flowers. They are beautiful. What a fab veg patch. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has got completely addicted to gardening. How is the beastie? Hope you are both well. Alice x

    By Blogger Alice Pettit, at 12:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home